Beacons are discreet devices which interact with Bluetooth-enabled devices to send targeted notifications to user’s phones through an application or through Google Nearby.
Beacons help gamify the shopping experience and can provide timely notifications which influence shopping decisions.
- Trigger contextual content upon store entry.
- Surface special offers in specific store zones through digital signage.
- Surface special offers and information/FAQ for specific products.
- Deliver in-store navigation.
- Prompt loyalty program participation.
- Trigger contextual content upon store exit.
- Trigger customer satisfaction questionnaires.
- Facilitate payments.
- Record Customer Behaviour to inform store layout decisions.
- Measure foot-traffic and create heatmaps.
ABI Research group predicts that 500 million beacons will be deployed by 2021. As Bluetooth capabilities continue to evolve in leaps and bounds, more retailers will take advantage of consumer’s devices to boost marketing and advertising campaigns.